Delicious Banana Pancake recipe
This is a very simple banana pancake recipe, or banana bites as we like to call them. They are always tender, tasty, and give off a pleasant aroma of ripe bananas. You only need three main ingredients to prepare the batter: bananas, eggs, and flour. In total it takes around 25 minutes to cook a full batch of these delicious pancakes, and it will serve 2 people.
These banana pancakes are so easy to make, and such a satisfying breakfast, that your whole family will be craving them again and again. We love to make banana bites for a weekend breakfast for two reasons:
- to stop Matt from overeating homemade granola
- because you don’t have to rush anywhere and can enjoy every last bite of the banana pancakes at your leisure.
Flexibility in the banana pancake recipe
The beauty of these banana bites is that the batter can be from any of your favourite pancake recipes, including blini, crepes, or your own special recipe. These fluffy banana pancakes are guaranteed to be excellent.
We invite you to try our easy banana pancakes recipe. We will be using the same batter as our Russian pancake recipe, which will be live on the blog shortly. 😉
Enjoy banana bites for breakfast😋
Delicious Banana Pancake Recipe
A good morning starts with a good breakfast. This is the tastiest banana pancake recipe we ever tried. Because of the cute little size of the banana bites, kids will love them as well as adults. Positive energy is guaranteed!
- Milk: 0.5 l
- Large eggs: 3
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
- All-purpose flour: 200-220 g (1.5 cups)
- Vegetable oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Ripe bananas: 2
- Warm up 0.5 litres of milk so that it's warm but not hot. It shouldn't take long. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 large eggs well.
- Pour 100 ml of milk into the egg mixture and keep whisking.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of baking powder and the 200 g of flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl of eggs and stir well.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and whisk everything well until you get a smooth batter.Thanks to this method, a mixer is not required and there will be no lumps in the mixture.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp of oil into the mixture and stir.Cover the bowl and let the batter stand in a warm place for 15 minutes. After this, you are ready to make pancakes!
- While you're waiting, cut the bananas into 1 cm banana slices.
- Grease the frying pan before the first pancake. This step is crucial as otherwise it will stick to the pan. Heat up the frying pan so that it's very hot.
- Once 15 minutes have passed, you'll need to stir the batter. It should flow smoothly.
- Dip the banana slices into the batter and add them to the pan. You should be able to fit several on at once. Cook on one side for about one minute on medium heat, then turn them over for another minute or until golden brown.Be careful as they can burn quickly. While we advise one minute, it could sometimes be a bit less.
- Transfer the cooked banana bites to a plate lined with a paper towel while you use up the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with any toppings of your choice.We love to make something of a pancake fruit salad. It will taste amazing with fresh fruit or fresh berries, honey or maple syrup, and greek yoghurt or whipped cream. In fact, we often try to pick wild fruits from the places we visit (like the figs, plums and blackberries in Benitses), and sprinkle them on top.
- For a gluten-free banana pancake recipe use gluten-free flour, such as rice flour or buckwheat flour.
- You can store banana pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 24 hours or even freeze banana pancakes for up to 3 months, but we would recommend eating them immediately because the best banana pancakes are fresh banana pancakes.
Breakfast is served
If you love our banana pancake recipe, you might want to try some of our other breakfast alternatives like syrniki (Russian cheese pancakes), or our blini recipe (Russian crepes).
Try out some of our other easy recipes if you like. Alternatively, you can check out our international recipes to find different cuisines that might appeal to you.